Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Hiking in Ireland: Day 6 on the Dingle Way

Aloha

Cloghane -- I am resting my feet.  Statistics = 6 miles, 15000 Caroline steps


I made a good choice- taking everyone's pack and myself via Taxi from Bally"somewhere" to here in Cloghane.  My friends climbed a mountain and then climbed down... in the fog and the mist and the wet.  



 My Pals about to set out for the uphill climb minus the packs!
Looking back to the mountain they traversed with the mist/fog at the top!



This was the mist on the road - close to where my pals were hiking!!!!


We are all together again now in Cloghane and tomorrow we set off for 18 miles -- with some of the walk an 8 mile stretch of beach.  I am praying for no rain!  Our destination tomorrow is Castlegregory.


Photos below are of the colorful houses and then the flowers I have seen all along the way:  foxglove, fuschias, lilacs, wild irises, batchelor buttons, honeysuckle, wild roses, to name just a few.


Foxglove at the beach
CLOVER Everywhere

Wild Irises
Wild Fuschias and wild blackberries

Green Grasses with foxglove in the fields

What lots of pathways look like

Wild roses next to the sidewalks
Lilacs
Batchelor buttons

And then a few funny signs and things I have scene along the walk.

 love this road sign!!

This little mule (ass?) probably wondering why so many people are invading his space??
And last but not least, a video clip of the robot lawn mower!


No comments:

Post a Comment